Last chance for good cruise control in Europe [English]

Aperto da smartieparts, 30 Gennaio 2009, 19:05:31

« precedente - successivo »

smartieparts

Mi scuso questo è in inglese. Forse qualcuno si tradurrà.

Hello.  My name is Steven Morehouse. I am the owner of SmartieParts in Canada as well as Area 451 Parts Ltd. in Canada/USA. I say this not for advertising or promotion, but for credibility.  I have been responsible for first bringing smart parts to Canada but more recently I have developed a cruise control (speed control) system for the new smart (2007+).  The system only works on smarts in the USA and Canada and does not work on European smarts because the software is slightly different.  It will be EASY to fix this, but I need a smart for about 8 hours for testing.

I am CURRENTLY IN ROME!!  I planned this trip and arranged to have a smart, but today I arrive and find out I do not have this!!!  I am only here for ONE DAY (tomorrow, Saturday Jan 31) and I leave for the airport early on Sunday.  This is the ONLY chance.

Again, I am not selling anything.  I am trying to make a system available for Europe.   I know this is rushed, but these are the only options:

1) I borrow someone's new generation smart and install the cruise control and you keep it for free (retail price is US$480).
2) If you want to help but don't want the system, I will instead pay you 40 Euro if I can borrow for about 8 hours and fully test.
3) If you want to help but are afraid of damage (there is no chance, but I understand the concern) then lend me the car for only 1 hour for some simple testing with no installation. I just hook a computer to the car (guaranteed no problem!!!) and take a few readings. Really simple, but may not really get me the information I need (but better than nothing).

If you can help then call my hotel at 069387775 (room #208) and leave a message with your number please.

If you can translate the important parts of this message, please do so!

If you know someone that may be able to help, please phone or email them so they read this in time.

Sorry for the very short notice.  I hope someone can help tomorrow.  This is probably the last chance for a good cruise control system in Europe.

Steven Morehouse
Area 451 Parts Ltd.

smartieparts

Perfecto!  Thank you Marco!!

Marco has volunteered his smart for this testing. With any luck, there will be a Euro-smart compatible cruise control within one month. If it does not work... at least we tried.

Steven

bonzo

Bonzo

Dario

aveva scritto anche su smart forum. praticamente sta sviluppando un cruise control per la 451.
è americano ma al momento è in italia e gli serviva una "cavia" con una 451 aspirata.

Repsol

Citazione da: Dario - 31 Gennaio 2009, 15:44:49
aveva scritto anche su smart forum. praticamente sta sviluppando un cruise control per la 451.
è americano ma al momento è in italia e gli serviva una "cavia" con una 451 aspirata.

Darie' ma il cruise control per la 451 c'è già su RS-PARTS

Dario